1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot connect to Belkin router wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kineas, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kineas

kineas Thread Starter

I currently have a Belkin G+ 802.11g Wireless Router, and it works great, no problems connecting with cables. Wireless is a different matter. My network is secured with 64 bit WEP, and I have connected both my Nintendo DS and Wii to it by simply entering the SSID when attempting to connect to them. But I cannot get any notebooks to connect.

I am using a Dell Latitude D510, and there is no problems connecting to wireless networks as I work as an IT technitian for schools in my area, and it always connects to their wireless networks fine. Firstly, the main tool I use to connect to wireless networks is the Intel Wireless tool, and when I try to connect to my network with that, it asks for a ID that is printed on my router. It accepts the code listed as the routers PIN on the sticker underneath, but it won't connect. I've tried using the windows tools to try and connect, but when I do, I get a message saying that I need a certificate on the laptop so that the router can verify the laptops identity. When I try to connect to other wireless networks in the area, it just brings up a window asking for the password, and that's basically what I want my network to do :(

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Does your router have something like a "Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)" configuration page in the Wireless section? If so, check there and see if there is something you want to change.

You're not using WPA because a game machine doesn't support it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/750490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice