1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot connect to hotmail account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JJOhn, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JJOhn

JJOhn Thread Starter

My daughter has windows 98 SE. She cannot connect to her hotmail account but she can on my computer no problem. All other sights work fine. I have made sure cookies are enabled, checked that ssi are ticked. On internet options I have clicked on content tab then auto complete and clicked on clear forms and clear passwords. The forms box I have left unchecked (same problem if I tick it). Any help please I am really puzzled.

2. novicetech03

novicetech03

Are you both using the same ISP?

I have had similar problems while using different ISPs.

3. JJOhn

JJOhn Thread Starter

No, My daughter uses Freeserve standard connection. I use BT Broadband

4. novicetech03

novicetech03

JJohn

You may want to talk to Freeserve and see if they can run a trace on their server for a problem. It was the case in my issue.

If that does not work, then also check the posts under a thread called hotmail... started by isishalo. She has similar issues.

5. tazza_0712

tazza_0712

Hey JJohn,
    what version of Internet Explorer is your daughter running? I would recommend to download and install IE 5.5 from microsoft, if you already havent. It has the security rating that Hotmail needs to run. I had the same problem. BTW-Dont install IE6, it has a hard time running on any Operating System other than Win XP.

Hope it helps

6. joe2cool

joe2cool

I/E 6 SP 1 Should work fine now compared to earlier version. ;)

7. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

to access hotmail with IE6, privacy must be set to medium or lower, regardless of what cookies you let through if you have privacy set on medium-high or high.

but the cookies that will be stored are from passport.com and msn.com

you can always try using outlook express to access hotmail.

you can setup a new account in OE and it gives you an option to use hotmail.

Just disable syncronization because it cause problems.

(some things to try)

8. thomas walters

thomas walters

why am i not able to get to hotmail ?using internet

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114924

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice