Cannot connect to hotmail account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JJOhn

My daughter has windows 98 SE. She cannot connect to her hotmail account but she can on my computer no problem. All other sights work fine. I have made sure cookies are enabled, checked that ssi are ticked. On internet options I have clicked on content tab then auto complete and clicked on clear forms and clear passwords. The forms box I have left unchecked (same problem if I tick it). Any help please I am really puzzled.

JJOhn

No, My daughter uses Freeserve standard connection. I use BT Broadband

JJohn

You may want to talk to Freeserve and see if they can run a trace on their server for a problem. It was the case in my issue.

If that does not work, then also check the posts under a thread called hotmail... started by isishalo. She has similar issues.

Hey JJohn,
what version of Internet Explorer is your daughter running? I would recommend to download and install IE 5.5 from microsoft, if you already havent. It has the security rating that Hotmail needs to run. I had the same problem. BTW-Dont install IE6, it has a hard time running on any Operating System other than Win XP.

Hope it helps

to access hotmail with IE6, privacy must be set to medium or lower, regardless of what cookies you let through if you have privacy set on medium-high or high.

but the cookies that will be stored are from passport.com and msn.com

you can always try using outlook express to access hotmail.

you can setup a new account in OE and it gives you an option to use hotmail.

Just disable syncronization because it cause problems.

(some things to try)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online