1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot connect to IE thru LAN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ovingite, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ovingite

ovingite Thread Starter

I have just connected two Dell P4 PCs running WinXP Pro, via ethernet hub. I ran Network Setup Wizard on PC1 - OK. When I ran it on PC2 it said another domain was already in use so could not use wizard. Both PCs can "see" each others shared files, but I cannot figure out how to share the internet connection (ISDN via USB on PC1). How can I use PC1s internet connection on PC2?

Would be very grateful if anyone could advise - networks are a black art to me!

Would also like to know how to share printers if that is possible.

Thanks

Ovingite

2. stod73

stod73

You're going to need a router, hub just won't cut the cake....

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Actually, he needs to look into something like ICS, since his ISDN is coming in via USB. A router won't do him any good.

4. stod73

stod73

Good call, but who would want to keep a usb connection when etherent is so much faster???

5. ovingite

ovingite Thread Starter

Thanks guys, but I'm getting confused.

First of all, what is ICS and what are the implications (and costs) of going with it.

Second, my ISDN box does have both ISDN and network connections. Does that mean that I can link directly via ethernet rather than USB? If so, what equipment am I likely to need?

Thanks

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Gosh, if you have Ethernet, get a broadband router, I have to agree 100%! :D

7. stod73

stod73

Boo-yah!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171073

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice