Cannot connect to IE thru LAN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ovingite

I have just connected two Dell P4 PCs running WinXP Pro, via ethernet hub. I ran Network Setup Wizard on PC1 - OK. When I ran it on PC2 it said another domain was already in use so could not use wizard. Both PCs can "see" each others shared files, but I cannot figure out how to share the internet connection (ISDN via USB on PC1). How can I use PC1s internet connection on PC2?

Would be very grateful if anyone could advise - networks are a black art to me!

Would also like to know how to share printers if that is possible.

Thanks

Ovingite

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Actually, he needs to look into something like ICS, since his ISDN is coming in via USB. A router won't do him any good.

Good call, but who would want to keep a usb connection when etherent is so much faster???

ovingite

Thanks guys, but I'm getting confused.

First of all, what is ICS and what are the implications (and costs) of going with it.

Second, my ISDN box does have both ISDN and network connections. Does that mean that I can link directly via ethernet rather than USB? If so, what equipment am I likely to need?

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Gosh, if you have Ethernet, get a broadband router, I have to agree 100%! :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts