1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot connect to Internet IPv4 and IPv6 problems please help!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Vesped, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesped

Vesped Thread Starter

Yesterday i tried to unintall avira and zonealarm free from my computer using revo, however the programs would not completely uninstall and nothing I did would let me restore the system to an older restore point so I installed comodo and disabled avira and zonealarm from starting.
    Then I tried to reconnect to the Internet and the computer connects with limited connectivity but wouldn't let me access internet. After clicking diagnose it comes up with 2 boxes one which says that the adapter haw driver or hardware isses but im not sure how to follow up on and the other is to make sure that Internet protocol bindings are correct: to ensure that IPv4 and IPv6 are deleted in configuration and I have selected them after clicking the dialogue box windows tried to but comes up with the same dialogue box.
    Dispute this my iPod touch can connect to the Internet.
    Please help and appologies for my ramblings but please help I am running vista on a toshiba laptop hope this helps and thanks in advance

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    When you have two security applications apparently so corrupted that you cannot uninstall them adding yet another one doesn't seem to me to be moving in the right direction. :(

At this point I would be formatting the partition and going to a "fresh" Vista via Installation DVD, Recovery partition, Recovery DVDs or a backup image from before the problems started.

To continue on your current path I suggest to try uninstalling those critters in Safe Mode. There is a Removal Tool for ZoneAlarm; don't know about the others.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice