Cannot connect to internet with Linksys WRT54GS; can connect with AirPort Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BobFijiwinkle

Hello everyone.

I would like to connect to the internet using my Linksys WRT54GS 1.1 router. However, even after I reset the router by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds, and plug the ethernet from the cable modem to the router, I can get only to the 192.168.1.1 (Setup) page, not to any internet.

The same cord and cable modem work with my Airport Express, but I want my WRT54GS router to connect wired to the modem, so I can use my AirPort to extend the network (i.e. I want two hotspots).

Any help?

TerryNet

Terry
What is the brand and model of your cable modem?

If it is a modem only you need to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) it when switching the device connected to it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online