1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot connect to internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by fauxtime, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fauxtime

fauxtime Thread Starter

:) i have a dell computer that has xp. i connect to the internet using a cable modem. about a week ago i started having trouble connecting. i called my provider, they said it is nothing of theirs. i called mcafee because i use virus scan, privacy center, firewall and security center. nothing they suggested worked. i tried a new lan card. that did not help. i have released and renewed the ipconfig. i have tried lspfix, it only show three items on the keep side :mswsock.dll tcpip, winrnr.dll ntds, and mcslp,dll protocall. the only way i can stay connected at all is to click the repair button on the local area connection. i have to do this every few seconds, or i lose the connection. i have tried uninstalling all mcafee programs, and doing all the above again, but nothing works. i have ran virus scan, spy-bot and ad-ware. any help would be appreciated.

2. hammi_poop

hammi_poop

i aint very advanced with computers but maybe try turning off your firewall?

3. fauxtime

fauxtime Thread Starter

thanks, i have tried that several times.

4. dugq

dugq

5. fauxtime

fauxtime Thread Starter

just wanted to let you know that the problem has been fixed. i had to delete winsock and winsock2 from the registry, and when i rebooted xp automatically put them back. then i had to reconfigure the tcip/ip and install the ini files for it. so far this is working. (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330268

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice