Cannot connect to router setup?!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mohammed2138

Okay, so one day I went into my router setup by typing in the router address and I clicked a few things and did some stupid things just to mess around with it, I reset to default and exited. The next day I try do it again and I can't get to the router login page because it says it cannot connect to my ip address. I tried reseting the router by pressing a the button and it doesn't work after I try a few times. Can someone help me?

TerryNet

Terry
For a connection to the router ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

mohammed2138

My config:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : dell-7388fcd24c
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-76-44-18-CA
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.187.x.x Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.248.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 24.187.x.x
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.240.163.41
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 167.206.245.130
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, November 07, 2011 7:22:39 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:22:39
PM

TerryNet

Terry
You have the modem connected to a router LAN port instead of the WAN port, or have the router in a 'bypass' or 'AP' mode, or the router is defective.

mohammed2138

You're right, I do have it in AP mode, I clicked the thing when I was messing around with it!

NOW HOW DO I FIX IT?

mohammed2138

So I press the reset button and I have no luck. I discovered that it doesn't let you get to the maintenance page if you set it to access point mode, as I stated in the other post. Now since I can't get to it, how am I going to get it back to factory default?

TerryNet

Terry
You can check the manual, of course, but you will probably need to reset it to factory default settings.

Else, if you know its current IP address you can assign a static IP address to your computer's ethernet--same subnet, but different address--and connect the computer to the router (with the router not connected to the modem is best). For example, if the router's address is 192.168.2.1, you could assign 192.168.2.5, mask 25.255.255.0 to your computer. This way you may be able to access the router's configuration pages.

TerryNet

Terry
I've merged your threads. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online