Cannot connect to specific sites

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Irrationai

Hi,

I have been unable to connect to certain sites. When I try to connect, it comes up with notices: e.g. 1) The site cannot provide a secure connection (ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR) and 2) The site cannot be reached (ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT).

I am not sure what the issue is and would like to find out a solution to fix this.

Regards,

Edward

plodr

Liz
What browser? What version of Windows?
Have you tried a different browser? What happens in that browser?

Irrationai

Google Chrome, Windows 10 and yes I have tried Internet Explorer, Firefox as well and it comes up with an equivalent message to that on Google Chrome.

Hi,

I have been unable to connect to certain sites. When I try to connect, it comes up with notices: e.g. 1) The site cannot provide a secure connection (ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR) and 2) The site cannot be reached (ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT).

I am not sure what the issue is and would like to find out a solution to fix this.

Regards,

Edward
You may have accidentally blocked the websites on your computer.

Can you try to access the site from another machine? Maybe the site is misconfigured. The SSL message seems to say so.

Couriant

James
if you go to command prompt and type NSLOOKUP <website name> does it give you an answer or an error?

plodr

Liz
When you type NSLOOKUP, do not put < and > around the website.
If I type
Code:
NSLOOKUP <google.com>
I can reproduce your error.
If I type
Code:
NSLOOKUP google.com
I get the IP of google.

Irrationai

Thanks! I tried that with one of the sites that had issues connecting to and it came up with 'Non-authoritative answer'.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online