1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot connect to the printer operation could not be completed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zillah, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

I used to have two desktops A & B, they have internet sharing and printer sharing , they were working fine.

Desktop A XP Professional SP2 PC has got two printers (HP and Samsung) connected directly (USB cable), and Printer sharing is turned on .

I bought another Desktop to replace B, because B is an old PC.

From the Desktop B (XP Professional SP2), when attempting to chose the option :
    , to add a shared printer , I can browse and see the printers name (hp and Samsung), however, when I attempt to
    connect both of them, I get the following error:
    Do I need to have admin account with their passwords on both Desktop to be able to share the printers ?

I have seen this, but I could not find as solution to my case.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/525885-cannot-connect-printer-operation-could-2.html

2. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

Both PCs have XP prof SP2, and both of them on the same workgroup name (MSHOME).

There are no firewalls running on both PCs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704703

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice