Cannot connect to web

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

babsone1984

I had booted my computer in safe mode to run a scan with spysweeper, which i've done before. well for some reason this time something happened. im not sure if the junk spysweeper picked up was attached to a file or what. but what is happening is once my pc is booted, the task bar and start up menu look like they do in windows 95. anything i open that should have a blue background has a white background, like the control panel. also i am not able to connect to the internet. it say theres no connection. i know its not my router. the last thing is the pc is not recognizing any hardware. my printer has been whiped out. i put a usb flashdrive in it yesterday and it did not show up on the pc. at first i thought the problem was whatever spysweeper removed, so i restored them and it still didnt work. i cannot do a system restore b/c no point have been saved on my pc. i was going to just reset it to factory settings but when i couldnt back anything up onto the flashdrive i didnt do it. I had also scanned my sisters pc this way the day be fore i did mine, not knowning the out come. she is able to connect to the internet and her printer is gone also. That is why i'm thinking it was the spysweeper too. please help. this is definetly frustrating. i am also scared if i reset it to the factory settings that it'll erase the memory i had added. what do i do?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
First off, connect using a cable directly to the router if this is a wireless machine.

What is the version of Windows you're using, Vista or XP?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.

1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
  2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
  3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online