Cannot Connect to Wifi On ANY Home Computer, Works on Phone

Couriant

James
Since the computer is under warranty, you should contact HP for assistance.

The driver section shows 2 different wireless drivers. Can you confirm in Device Manager if you have anything in Network Adapter or Other Devices?

ilovecats88

Well I got it fixed. They said I could send it in for repairs as it seems to get overheated since I got it- is it worth it to send it in for that?

How do I contact an admin to edit my posts I can no longer edit in this thread- please remove my serial number and any other personal identifiers, thank you.

Couriant

James
Well I got it fixed. They said I could send it in for repairs as it seems to get overheated since I got it- is it worth it to send it in for that?

How do I contact an admin to edit my posts I can no longer edit in this thread- please remove my serial number and any other personal identifiers, thank you.
You can hit report and ask them, but the serial number doesn't have any personal bearing.

How did they fix it?

Overheating should be looked into but I would recommend working with HP first before sending it in. they may take a few days to get it checked out. Overheating can cause other issues and can hurt the board/cpu too.

ilovecats88

You can hit report and ask them, but the serial number doesn't have any personal bearing.

How did they fix it?

Overheating should be looked into but I would recommend working with HP first before sending it in. they may take a few days to get it checked out. Overheating can cause other issues and can hurt the board/cpu too.
Well, I was right, the issue was caused by a Windows Update. And I feel stupid, but the fix was as easy as holding down the power button for thirty seconds!

For some reason, they wanted remote access after it was fixed, which was odd, but I allowed it.

Since my warranty is good for a year, I'm just going to keep the laptop for now. The Windows 8.1 laptop has a host of issues that don't make it usuable all the time without getting frustrated (I've posted on here about it before).

Last edited:

Couriant

James
Well, I was right, the issue was caused by a Windows Update. And I feel stupid, but the fix was as easy as holding down the power button for thirty seconds!

For some reason, they wanted remote access after it was fixed, which was odd, but I allowed it.

Since my warranty is good for a year, I'm just going to keep the laptop for now. The Windows 8.1. laptop has a host of issues that don't make it usuable all the time without getting frustrated (I've posted on here about it before).
Hmm, you got the number from HP's site right? :) that is odd that they wanted to remote in.. unless they wanted to check the updates.... They do have online chat....

ilovecats88

Hmm, you got the number from HP's site right? :) that is odd that they wanted to remote in.. unless they wanted to check the updates.... They do have online chat....
Yes of course lol. They are mailing me a box that is valid for 30 days in case I decide to turn in the laptop for servicing.

Yeah, they wanted to guide me through the updates, but I didn't really need help with that other than through the support chat. I mean, I know how to do the cmd/powershell commands so it just felt like they were infringing on my privacy. Oh well.

Couriant

James
Yes of course lol. They are mailing me a box that is valid for 30 days in case I decide to turn in the laptop for servicing.

Yeah, they wanted to guide me through the updates, but I didn't really need help with that other than through the support chat. I mean, I know how to do the cmd/powershell commands so it just felt like they were infringing on my privacy. Oh well.
OK, making sure because sometimes those 'support techs' are not the right ones if you didnt go to their official site... I think even Brother (printers) sends people to questionable tech sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts