Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cannot connect to zte 3 mobile dongle

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  djbeanus 
#1 ·
Hi, I am helping a friend with his laptop. It is a Packard Bell Easy note TJ67 laptop on windows 7. He had a virus so I used system to roll it back a month and then installed AVG, Superantispyware and adaware to clean up the laptop, which seemed to work fine. The laptop works fine now except for the 3 dongle which I cant get to connect to the internet. I have used the 3 dongle on my other laptop, and the dongle works fine. It installs its own software and drivers and then connects to the internet. I have run a virus scan on the dongle and it is clear. I install the dongle on the packard bell laptop, the drivers all install correctly and the software loads up fine. It even has signal and then when I click the connect button (using the three software) i get the message "The connection attempt failed, Make sure your device is connected to yourand that your settings are correct Would you like to connect again?" I try to connect via dial up on internet explorer and i get the message "Error 633 the device is already in use or is not configured properly"
I can connect to the internet fine through my home wireless system (which is no good to my friend who wants to connect via the dongle at home.
So in short
1) Laptop is fine and have scanned thouroughly for virus and cleaned up
2) Laptop connects to internet through my BT wireless
3) Dongle works on 2 other computers fine
4) Dongle will not connect to internet through packard bell laptop but it worked fine before the virus infection.
Any idea would be gratefully appreciated.

When I am in in device manager, all is fine, I tried to query the modem and I got
"The port that the modem is attached to could not be opened. This may be the result of a hardware conflict" There are no warning signs in device manager. Thanks

have put results of ipconfig on http://imageshack.us/f/109/setting2.png/

Thanks for any help

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.