1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot connect wifi printer to new Verizon FIOS network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by eklisiewicz, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eklisiewicz

eklisiewicz Thread Starter

We had FIOS installed on Monday, and though all our regular devices connected just fine to it, my HP CP1525nw Color Wifi Laser printer will not. I have the M1424WR Rev I ActionTec router from Verizon.

Have run the HP setup utility for the printer numerous times and it only completed the first time. But after entering my credentials for the new network, it failed on me. And ever since then I cannot get it to complete the setup. It fails on me every time. In order to run the setup for wifi, I connect a USB cable from my printer to my XPS 17. But no matter, it doesn't work. Also tried connecting an Ethernet cable from the printer to one of the ports on the router but nothing happened. Also looked at my router settings, but could see no place to update anything related to the printer.

So I turn to the tech support guy site, because after scouring manuals and HP forums, I am no closer to figuring this out and right now my printer is an expensive paperweight. Yeah, I guess that I could use the USB connection but that doesn't seem to work either.

All I know is that the printer is giving me a 169.xx address, which is not on my subnet. It needs to be 192.168 something.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16364 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M, -1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 461837 MB, Free - 301370 MB; D: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 222115 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 03RG89
    Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The printer is successfully connecting to the router via neither Wi-Fi nor ethernet and is not connecting successfully to a computer via USB. The common element here seems to be the printer. Suggest you try resetting it to factory defaults and see if that helps.

3. eklisiewicz

eklisiewicz Thread Starter

I did a factory reset on the printer and then went through setup. I then clicked through the steps for wifi installation and plugged the printer into my USB port. It went through the process and stalled at 99 percent before failing with the error below.

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1106169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice