1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot connect wirelessly on phone but can connect wired on pc

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jaggedsoul, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaggedsoul

jaggedsoul Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm connected to a wifi at home on my cellphone, says signal status is excellent, 54mbps, wpa psk security but I cannot connect to the network. My desktop pc is connected via ethernet and it is working. I tried connecting to a neighbor's wifi and it worked on the same cellphone. WLAN light is flashing, the rest are solid. I have a prolink adsl router.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you have any other devices connected by wireless

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove the wireless security
    Is your wireless security enabled?
    if so - log into the router and remove the wireless security - now see if it will connect.
    if it does - log back into the router and try with the wireless security enabled again

------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice