1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot copy file: Cannot read from the source file or disk

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wizzle2003, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizzle2003

wizzle2003 Thread Starter

Hi,
    since about 10 minutes, I do get the error-message, "while trying to finish a dowloald and after it reached 100% and tries to write the file on the harddrive"

cannot copy file: Cannot read from the source file or disk

Anyone any ideas what the problem could be? It;s my C drive and everything else works wihtout problems.

OS WinXP Pro

Thanks
    wizzle2003

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

What are you downloading with? Do you have any history cleaner? Like HistoryKill or Windows Washer?

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

If you are using one of these download file accelerators this could be the problem. They are great for dial-up use but for broadband not too good. They get corrupted does not matter with which type of service they get corrupted.

If you are using one I suggest to un-install it and try a download test from any where but only after you reboot the computer.

As for the Hard drive I would contact the manufacturers web site of the hard drive and download their hard drive diagnostic that checks the drive non-destructively. This would be a good test for the download

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/512258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice