1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot copy from my Samsung Tab A tablet to SD Card, Delete

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Shutes43, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shutes43

Shutes43 Thread Starter

Please could anyone help at all with the above as this has been so frustrating when I have been low on memory.

A while back when I started trying to copy files from my tablet to my SD card or just delete them entirely it wouldn't let me do it and kept coming up with the message below.

Permission to operate SD card
    You must perform the certain steps to grant SD card access rights

I googled how to solve it but up until now I cannot seem to correct it and be able to solve this.

Randomly about 6 months ago it let me do it again in the normal way but recently the message has been coming back again. It is so, so frustrating as I cannot easily clear down my tablet and I can't even copy files to my laptop either.

Can anyone give me any advice how to solve this easily as Im a bit of a technophobe!!! Thanks so much x

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I own a Galaxy Tab A.
    I put the micro sd card into one of my Win 7 computers and drag and drop the files I want on to the card.
    Some cards have videos, some have books.
    I've never had a problem doing it this way.
    I do not try and move files from the tablet to the micro sd card.

When I want to put a different card into the tablet, I unmount the card currently in, remove it, insert a different card and make sure it is mounted.

3. Shutes43

Shutes43 Thread Starter

But my tablet is full and I need to somehow move the files from the actual tablet to my SD card or to my laptop or in some cases just delete them but it just won't let me. It keeps saying Permission to operate SD Card then a message below it. You must perform the certain steps to grant SD card access rights and it's driving me insane as my tablet now won't work properly either as it's too full!!

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I have no idea what to do if the internal storage on the tablet is full. I keep my eye on my internal storage to be sure it doesn't get full. I remove apps I no longer use and I clean it up using the inbuilt tool.

You might be forced to reset the tablet and lose everything. You never let anything fill to 100%, as you've discovered.

I did that once with a USB stick and the only way out was to format the stick so it was usable again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice