1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot copy music from hard drive to USB... help please

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by signu121, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. signu121

signu121 Thread Starter

I have all of my music on my hard drive and I am trying to copy it to a USB. Whenever I do it it copies the first folder and the first song and then hangs... after a while it pops up a message about cannot read from the source file or disk

All of the folders are checked as read only, when I go to uncheck them, it unchecks, but when I re-open the properties it is checked again.

I have pointsec running on the machine, but another person at work has the same build and was able to copy files to my USB drive on his machine

I am running Window XP and I am trying to copy to a 2gb kingston harddrive

I have been looking all of the internet, but have not had much luck finding a solution.

Any input of thoughts is greatly appreciated

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    can you copy files from my documents like word or text files ?

3. signu121

signu121 Thread Starter

I just tried to copy another folder with word and xls files in it... same thing happened...

The folder showed up and only the first file copied... Nothing else happened and then a few minutes later the same error message pops up

4. signu121

signu121 Thread Starter

I also tried the unlocker tool, but I think the pointsec or some other type of blocking software on my machine prevents me from using it

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i dont know anything about pointsec secure encryption software
    so this may be the issue thats causing the copy error , cant really advise sorry

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Is this your personal computer? I'm guessing not since this appears to be high-end encryption software. Check with your company's IT department before trying to move files around.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

tailz08, you need to start your own thread. We can't have two people posting two completely different problems in the same thread. You might want to read the rules and basic instructions for posting in forums.

8. Hughv

Hughv

What happened to my chkdsk posts?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/765940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice