1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot copy on to mp3 drives

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by moghm, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moghm

moghm Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Having a problem with my MP3 player recently. The mp3 player that I have has built in 512 meg of memory. It also has a 1 gig SD card that u slot in it. When connected through a USB cable windows explorer shows these as 2 removeable drives. Now, in the past, a few weeks ago I was able to copy and paste mp3 files into these drives. No problems at all. Recently though, when I try to copy files I get the message 'the drive is write protected and files cannot be copied.' I tried switching the write protetctor on my 1 gig SD card, but to no avail. So I dont think this is the problem.

I cant even copy any files to the built in 512 meg memory. On some occasions, as soon as I go into a folder on the 1 gig SD card, the computer has rebooted.

Any ideas of what may be wrong here ? I am using wondows XP, and nothing has really changed on my computer for the last few months.

many thanks

2. Pwr2daPpl

Pwr2daPpl

What make is it? If it is branded mp3 player checj their website for firmware updates.
    There are 2 separate storage devices and you are getting the same error when trying to access them . This makes me think there is something wrong with device's firmware.
    Just a guess...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice