1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot copy .SCR file

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Wakenaam, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wakenaam

Wakenaam Thread Starter

Friends: Somehow my favourite screensaver got deleted and I am trying to copy it from another PC. I copied the .SCR file from this PC to a floppy, but when I try to copy this file onto the System32 directory I keep getting the message it cannot be copied. Any ideas how I can fix this? The website I got the screensaver from is no longer available. Windows XP Pro. Thanks for any help.

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

The only thing I can think of is permissions. Are you trying to do this from an admin account and do you have any security software that might be blocking system folders from access?

Also, can you copy it off the floppy somewhere else first like your documents, and then try moving it to System32?

3. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

Are you running as a Limited User or Administrator?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752268

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice