Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannot copy XXXX. The request could not be performed because of an I/O error.

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MrPlippers 
#1 ·
Well, I bought a new DVD drive yesterday and when I insert a disk it reads and I can browse through the discs contents but whenever I try to copy something it freezes for a few seconds and I can see the little light flashing violently on the device and when I get past that and try to put it on my desktop I get "Cannot copy XXXX. The request could not be performed because of an I/O error." I have tried using both cds and dvds, the oddest thing of this all is the drive allowed me to burn a CD, and this CD is working perfectly. My drive is called TSSTCorp CDDVDW SH-S222A in the device manager and the box for it says it is a RetailPlus+ DVD+/-RW.

#6 ·
I used multiple programs because I thought each one made a mistake during the burning because I got read errors during the verification process, which wasn't true. I burnt the same files 4 times, 2 with ImgBurn, 1 with Alchohol 120% and 1 with CloneCD. I cant to ANYTHING with the files on a disc, I tried installing a game with the drive and it wouldn't even boot up the auto run. I also tried making an ISO of a disk and it didn't work at all, I tried making this ISO with multiple programs.

#7 ·
DVD burners use multiple lasers to read and write disks. Along with the multiple lasers, you have multiple electronic subsystems. Overall, quality control in the computer industry is pretty poor, now matter what the specs say. In particular, TSST drives are junk. TSST is a joint venture of Toshiba and Samsung Storage, so you'd expect a decent product, but the essential design goal seems to have been "make it cheap."

Lite-On, LG, Sony, Asus, & Pioneer plus many others all make better drives. You just got a defective product made by a company that makes third-rate hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.