cannot defaut to "none" screen saver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

browsermix

Whenever I try to apply "none" screen saver it picks up another screen saver. I like to have my screen saver turned off during certain times , like when using defrag and now I can't. How can I fix this?...Thanks.........

Open the Registry (Start Menu >> Run, type in: REGEDIT then press Enter). Browse to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

In the right pane, look for value name SCRNSAVE.EXE (REG_SZ). Right-click on the value name and select "Delete" from the context menu.

In the same pane, look for value name ScreenSaveActive (REG_SZ). Double-click on the value name; in the Edit String box enter "0" (without quotes) in the value date field then click OK. Close REGEDIT.

Btw, I'd offer a simpler solution if there was one, but this is the only solution I could come up with. Let us know if it works or not...

If editing the registry scares you, try this:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

#51 Screensaver disable/enable

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double
click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

browsermix

I tried both prOt3st & Mike5532g's suggestions and neither worked. I keep getting kicked back to a screen saver.

Browsermix

browsermix

It's working as long as I set it to the blank area. If I put it on none it still kicks me back to a screen saver. At least I can set it to the blank. Thanks..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online