Cannot defrag

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mruniverse

I currently installed a new motherboard, cpu, video card, harddrive into my system. Ever since then when I am in Windows XP SP2 I cannot defrag either of my harddrives, both are Western Digital. When I click on the button to defrag in the Windows utility it flashes as it has accepted it then goes unselected again. I have tried other defrag programs as well and none of them work, any ideas?

mruniverse said:
I currently installed a new motherboard, cpu, video card, harddrive into my system. Ever since then when I am in Windows XP SP2 I cannot defrag either of my harddrives, both are Western Digital. When I click on the button to defrag in the Windows utility it flashes as it has accepted it then goes unselected again. I have tried other defrag programs as well and none of them work, any ideas?
Hi mruniverse,

Go here and download the defrag download link: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html

It will allow you to defrag the page file and registry on the next reboot before any exclusive files are open and in use that may prevent defragging.

Also, while you are at it you may want to implement some of the tips that will help your system along.

-- Tom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online