1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot delete Email folder

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BigRich, Feb 3, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. BigRich

BigRich Thread Starter

Had to reestablish my email accounts in Outlook Office 365 due to an update with my Yahoo business email accounts. I elected to make this an IMAP account. I had a folder that contained information that I could not afford to lose. I managed to copy the folder from an POP/STMP account and paste it into may new IMAP account. Unfortunately I now have numerous issues with the account because it says I do not have appropriate permission to do anything in the folder. Checking properties claims it is a folder containing IMAP items, and does not give me the AutoArchive tab or show folder properties. Since I cannot put items into the folder, delete items from the folder, archive items, etc. it is basically a useless folder that I cannot get rid of.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8090 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 916 GB (771 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 03XWWJ
    Antivirus: PC Matic Super Shield, Enabled and Updated

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Temporarily boot and run a different Operating System from a Live CD/USB:

A Live CD/DVD or USB flash drive contains a complete bootable computer operating system (OS). When you boot a computer from it, the OS loads into, and then runs from memory instead of a hard drive. This allows you to run an OS without installing it or making any changes to a computer's current configuration.

To create one, download an ISO file containing the OS you want to use, (such as Ubuntu, Slax or Zorin), then use something like ISO Recorder to burn it to a CD/DVD or USB key.

Now boot your computer from this disc/key and your computer will be running that OS instead of the one on its hard drive. Use its File Manager to browse to and delete the folder you want gone.​

When you're done, simply reboot your PC from the hard drive like you normally would.

3. BigRich

BigRich Thread Starter

Unfortunately this is an EMAIL SUBFOLDER and not one I can see without starting my Office 365 Outlook.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully someone else will be along soon with some other ideas to try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice