Cannot Delete Empty Outlook Folder in Trash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bushmook

Recently I noticed that I had a missing Outlook folder styled Saved Items. I hasten to say it is possible that I may have previously deleted it and forgotten. However at the time I immediately thought it may have been arbitrarily archived by the program. So I attempted to do an archive search for it. However I soon found that every email I had saved in my folders list were now sitting in Trash in a random order with the folders that previously held them now empty. I spent many hours manually dragging and dropping those emails back to the folders where they had previously been. The next day I found at the end of my alphabetical folders list another folder styled Search Folders and in it a folder styled 'somewhat coincidentally' Saved Items. In the latter the same emails were again randomly listed. After checking a number of them to ensure they were still where I left them the day before I mass deleted most of them from that Saved Items folder. However I immediately noticed that those that I had deleted were now absent from the folders where I had returned them the day before and been totally deleted to the point of being permanently lost. Google search and phone call to my ISP provider confirmed that. Strangely the ones I hadn't mass deleted were still in their folders but were now somewhat surprisingly alphabetically listed in that Saved Items folder where they presently remain. Not surprisingly I thought it then best to then set about deleting a number of the redundant empty folders from my folders list. However I have been unable to delete one of them which refuses to go and keeps returning. Nor will it allow me to keep it and use it under another name because it continues to return to Trash. I have wondered about uninstalling Microsoft Office 365 and installing a one off version of Microsoft Office in lieu in an attempt to resolve these issues. I no longer can talk to a Microsoft technician about the issues but am only left with a useless Microsoft online self help system. Any ideas re the folder that refuses to go and how to safely deal with the items listed in the Search Folders / Saved Items folder so that I don't also loose them.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online