Cannot Delete Files - PLEASE HELP!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coineeze

I am having a MAJOR issue trying to delete files (mainly Word and Excel) off a remote storage hard drive we use in a small office network setup. We use both Mac (OS X) and PCs (XP) and all machines save files to this common remote drive. It appears that some files have been corrupted, and when viewed on the drive, the icon is missing from the usual view of the file name. When trying to delete these unusable files, the following message appears in a dialog box: "ERROR Deleting File: Cannot Read From Source File or Disk". Please help me to delete these files!

Also, and clue why these files get corrupted in the first place?

Please help. This is driving me nuts.:(:(

Sounds like the drive is having problems. You better get it checked out if you don't want to lose data.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online