1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot delete folder in the C:\Temp

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bluenite, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluenite

bluenite Thread Starter

First Name:
    Peter
    Checking disk I discovered a folder c:\Users\...\Temp\imgMnt01 with size 10Gb, see here:
    http://i.imgur.com/rKWyNVK.jpg
    It looks like the image of an entire disk Win7+C:, probably in conjunction with NTlite, I used a long time ago.
    I suppose, if the Temp directory is not needed for running os.
    But it is not delete in any way: no programs like Unlocker, or MoveOnBoot, etc. Even in safe mode.
    I have admin rights, I am the only one on this PC.
    What to do? I cannot find any procedure, consult someone with a similar experience?
    Thanks for the advice
    Peter

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    See if this helps.

Go here, then click the large blue "Download Now @ Author's Site" button to download and save TFC.exe (Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer) to your desktop.

After it's downloaded and saved, close all open windows.

Double-click it to load its main window.

Click the "Start" button.

If there are a large number of temp files or if there are multiple user accounts, the temp file deletion process may appear to freeze and may take a few minutes, so don't interfere with or abort it.

After it's finished, restart the computer.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice