1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot delete "sent items" folder in Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Ranchergirl, Feb 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ranchergirl

Ranchergirl Thread Starter

I have win98se with Internet explorer and Outlook Express 5.5. I have over 1100 items in my "sent items" folder and cannot delete them all at once. The "delete" option is grayed. I suppose I could delete one at a time, but 1100???

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

If you select the first one then scroll down a bit, and with the shift key held, select another one, this should highlight all the documents in between.
    If you right mouse, is the Delete available?
    If not, what happens if you now hit the DEL key?

3. Ranchergirl

Cannot scroll at all. Get black circle with line in it. When right click on selected line, I can delete that line only.

When right click on the "sent Items" folder, the rename, delete, and add to outlook box are all grayed out.

4. mhughes

mhughes

Edit>Select all>edit>delete

5. Ranchergirl

Nope. Don't work. Select all is grayed out as is copy. Can only delete one line at a time.

6. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Try selecting the folder, and then doing File > Folder > Compact
    This will "compact" the folder and will likely run for a while.
    When it is finished, see if the deletes work then.

7. Kento

Kento

Try this. Close Outlook Express and then click start--find--files and search for your sent items.dbx file. When you find it right click on it and delete it. This will delete the whole sent items folder in Outlook Express and all emails in it. After you delete it open Outlook Express again and a new sent items.dbx file and a new sent items folder will be created clean. Now see if the new folder will delete properly.

[This message has been edited by Kento (edited 02-27-2001).]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/27933