1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot detect network adaptor in my system.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Vini_2603, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vini_2603

Vini_2603 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am having a Toshiba Satellite A105 - S 4114 with Windows XP, SP3. I was using the LAN & Wireless network adaptor without any problem. A week back Windows XP got updated & from then LAN & Wifi network adaptor are not getting detected.
    In the device manage both the adaptors are not preset. If I add the adaptors from the ‘Add Hardware’ its getting added as Intel PRO/1000 PL network connection#2 & Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection#2 but its not working.

I am using the following adaptors with version (working):-
    LAN network adaptor: Intel PRO/1000 PL network connection, Version 9.2.24.0

Wireless network adaptor: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection, Version 10.1.0.13

I tried to download the new drives for both the adaptors, but nothing is working.
    Please let me know the solution

Thanks in advance,
    Vini

2. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Hiya Vini_2603.

It`s odd that they`ve disappeared from Device Manager and not just flagged up as a problem item. Do you have anything at all under Network Adapters?

In Dev Man, right-click the computers name at the very top and `Scan for hardware changes` to see if that comes up with anything.

The drivers are no good if the adapters aren`t being seen to start with !

Jenny

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917634

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice