Cannot detect network adaptor in my system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vini_2603

[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am having a Toshiba Satellite A105 - S 4114 with Windows XP, SP3. I was using the LAN & Wireless network adaptor without any problem. A week back Windows XP got updated & from then LAN & Wifi network adaptor are not getting detected.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the device manage both the adaptors are not preset. If I add the adaptors from the ‘Add Hardware’ its getting added as Intel PRO/1000 PL network connection#2 & Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection#2 but its not working.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am using the following adaptors with version (working):-[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LAN network adaptor: Intel PRO/1000 PL network connection, Version 9.2.24.0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wireless network adaptor: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection, Version 10.1.0.13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I tried to download the new drives for both the adaptors, but nothing is working. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please let me know the solution[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vini[/FONT]

JennyJackson01

Account Closed
Hiya Vini_2603.

It`s odd that they`ve disappeared from Device Manager and not just flagged up as a problem item. Do you have anything at all under Network Adapters?

In Dev Man, right-click the computers name at the very top and `Scan for hardware changes` to see if that comes up with anything.

The drivers are no good if the adapters aren`t being seen to start with !

Jenny

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online