1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot detect network driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by larstoc, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. larstoc

larstoc Thread Starter

Hey,
    I re-installed windows 7 on my laptop and now it won't detect my wireless network card (I use Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230). If I used devmgmt it won't turn up under network adapters. I tried installing the drivers, but it's not working since they can't find a network card that supports them. I've also tried reinstalling the chipset, but to no avail. In devmgmt I can find under other units something that is called networkscontroller, but it has a a yellow warning triangle with a ! inside it.

How can I get my wifi to work again? please help me

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The device labeled "networkscontroller" could be the card. Use the update driver under the device properties and point it to the drivers. You could also uninstall the device, reboot, and then install the drivers.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Did this laptop originally come with win7? Exactly how did you reinstall ie did you install from the recovery partition, install from a retail ms disk, oem disk, how?

4. marbski

marbski

the problem would be the operating system compatibility...What is the operating system pre loaded before u buy that laptop?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1108463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice