1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot disable the wireless network adapter

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bryansmiley, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bryansmiley

bryansmiley Thread Starter

Un-connected my router, and have experienced this wireless problem on my laptop again.

"Repair Wireless Network Connection
    Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
    Disabling the wireless network adapter.
    Make sure your network adapter is properly installed."

Managed to resolve this before somehow, but more trouble this time.
    I can disable the Atheros network adapter in the device manager, no updated drivers found, can even turn wireless button on/off, none have worked. So I tried all the steps found in this old threat with same problem, to no avail:

http://forums.techguy.org/4152368-post6.html

On the 2nd point there of running: rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf

I get

"Rundll
    Error in setupapi
    Missing entry:installhinfsection"

Desperate for help here!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you try downloading and installing the wireless drivers. Don't just let it search for updated drivers. Did you try disabling the wireless in the BIOS? That will certainly disable it. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697213