1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot display webpage

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by namron7002000, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. namron7002000

namron7002000 Thread Starter

I have a notebook & a desktop both using XP home & internet explorer 7 .When i try to acccess SBS.com.au i have no trouble on the notebook but the desktop gets the message Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage I have followed instructions from microsoft cleared cookies deleted history ETC ,any HELP PLEASE:confused:

2. kimsland

kimsland

3. namron7002000

Thank you for your reply ,I did all the things you suggested BUT i still have the problem Regards

4. kimsland

kimsland

Download Internet Explorer 7

Got to add/remove programs in Control Panel and remove Internet Explorer
    May be under add/remove windows components

Restart

Install IE 7

Try that

5. namron7002000

Thanks again downloaded IE 7 took a long while only on dial up removed ,restarted ,reinstalled everything seems to working better BUT still have the same problem

6. kimsland

kimsland

Not sure why I haven't stated this already.

But this page is probably being blocked in either your firewall (turn off your personnal firewall to confirm - by right clicking then closing)

Also in your Internet Settings - blocked domains - remove

If it's your firewall, you will need to go through all the settings under firewall blocked sites (may even be an IP address)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice