1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot do online virus scan.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by zergpc208, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

Anyone know why I cannot do online virus scan at trendmicro or http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/activescan/ascan_1.asp

I get this.
    And at trendmicro I get ..

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      70.6 KB
      Views:
  2. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

Okay is it a problem with my Java or Active-X? Or do I need a update.

3. onsite

onsite

did you click on , install active x at the top when it popped up. ?
    panda no longer removes viruses online
    try trend data
    or DL AVG free version
    also try spywareguide.com on line spyware removal

4. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

I click on run active x .I use to be abled to run those scans before.I did have some bad malwar.May be it removed some component I need to do the scan or change settings I need to do a scan.:confused:

5. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

I should also say I did try a reboot.

6. datamonger

datamonger

zergpc208,

Do you have Microsoft's Java VM or Sun's Java Run Time Environment installed and enabled?

In IE, under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Microsoft VM section, check to see if Microsoft Java VM is available and enabled, otherwise you can download from Microsoft their VM (try: http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html for sources) or you can get Sun's Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from Sun at: http://java.sun.com.

Good Luck!

7. onsite

onsite

No I think you are still infected. If you have broadband, restart your pc, when you see the first words, start tapping the F8 key. you will get a screen, select safemode with networking. Safemode onlt starts the bare essentials, so a lot of viruses do not start. Then try the online again.

8. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

No no no I have Windows 98..

I think the problem is I have runtime Environment :confused:

The only option I get is java console enable,Java logging enable,JIT compiler for virtual machine enable.

Both java console enable is marked and JIT compiler for virtual machine enable is marked.

How do I find what verision I have?

9. datamonger

datamonger

zerg,

The version is not as critical as just having it installed. The JIT compiler for virtual machine is the option that enables the Microsoft version of Java. onsite has an excellent option, reboot into safe mode WITH networking and try it again.

If you really want to know what version of Java is being used by your browser, you can visit http://www.javatester.org/version.html. It will indicate the version of Java that your browser is using in the pink box.

Good luck!

10. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

Java Version: 1.1.4 from Microsoft Corp.

That the problem trendmicro is saying I need 1.4 or higher ..

What is this ??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. onsite

onsite

12. datamonger

datamonger

zerg,

1.1.4 is Microsoft's latest version of the Java VM. Trendmicro, by refering to version 1.4 is basically saying that you need Sun's Java Runtime Environment.

You could give that a try, but if you are infected, there could be problems.

Good luck!

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice