cannot do online virus scan.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zergpc208

Anyone know why I cannot do online virus scan at trendmicro or http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/activescan/ascan_1.asp

I get this.
An error has occurred downloading Panda ActiveScan. Please repeat the process. If the error occurs again, restart your system and try againPossible causes of this error are:

Not allowing the application's ActiveX control to be downloaded.

Problems with the Internet connection.

The error could be due to a download error or an installation error due to lack of hard disk space, privileges etc.,...
And at trendmicro I get ..

Attachments

did you click on , install active x at the top when it popped up. ?
panda no longer removes viruses online
try trend data
or DL AVG free version
also try spywareguide.com on line spyware removal

zergpc208

I click on run active x .I use to be abled to run those scans before.I did have some bad malwar.May be it removed some component I need to do the scan or change settings I need to do a scan.:confused:

zergpc208,

Do you have Microsoft's Java VM or Sun's Java Run Time Environment installed and enabled?

In IE, under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Microsoft VM section, check to see if Microsoft Java VM is available and enabled, otherwise you can download from Microsoft their VM (try: http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html for sources) or you can get Sun's Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from Sun at: http://java.sun.com.

Good Luck!

No I think you are still infected. If you have broadband, restart your pc, when you see the first words, start tapping the F8 key. you will get a screen, select safemode with networking. Safemode onlt starts the bare essentials, so a lot of viruses do not start. Then try the online again.

zergpc208

No no no I have Windows 98..

I think the problem is I have runtime Environment :confused:

The only option I get is java console enable,Java logging enable,JIT compiler for virtual machine enable.

Both java console enable is marked and JIT compiler for virtual machine enable is marked.

How do I find what verision I have?

zerg,

The version is not as critical as just having it installed. The JIT compiler for virtual machine is the option that enables the Microsoft version of Java. onsite has an excellent option, reboot into safe mode WITH networking and try it again.

If you really want to know what version of Java is being used by your browser, you can visit http://www.javatester.org/version.html. It will indicate the version of Java that your browser is using in the pink box.

Good luck!

zergpc208

Java Version: 1.1.4 from Microsoft Corp.

That the problem trendmicro is saying I need 1.4 or higher ..

What is this ??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zerg,

1.1.4 is Microsoft's latest version of the Java VM. Trendmicro, by refering to version 1.4 is basically saying that you need Sun's Java Runtime Environment.

You could give that a try, but if you are infected, there could be problems.

Good luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts