1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot dowload itunes

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nita, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

I have a Dell DimensionC521 pc, windows XP home edition SP3. My default browser is Mozilla Firefox and I am using the free versions of avast and zonealarm. I have tried repeatedly to download i tunes. I go to the website I am asked for my email address and where I am located. I then click on download now and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong ?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You can download iTunes 9.1 from here just by clicking the green icon, and you won't be asked for any personal information.

Download and save it, close all open windows first, then double-click the saved file to install it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

Thanks I tried it but it just doesn't work, I click on download ( the green icon) and it immediately goes back to the previous page. Have tried repeatedly but no use.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm not there to see what you're doing wrong.

Have you tried downloading and saving it with Internet Explorer instead of Firefox?

----------------------------------------------------------------

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

First you said nothing happened, and now you're saying when you click on the Download button your browser actually goes back a page? To what page?

This is the link at Apple: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
    You do not need to enter your e-mail address or anything else. Uncheck the two boxes, and click Download Now.

6. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

Hi double Helix, I did as you suggested and managed to down load the itune.exe file in internet explorer, now having trouble running it. But why won't it work in firefox.
    Thanks for your advice

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You have to be more specific than "having trouble running it". I don't understand what didn't work, so I can't comment on why it didn't.

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Nita:

Using the link that DoubleHelix provided you with, did you download and save the iTunesSetup.exe file somewhere in your computer, and then did you double-click it and actually install it?

Is iTunes in your Add Or Remove Programs list?

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

I did save the iTunes setup exe but when I double clicked nothing happened however I did manage to get round the problem by downloading again and chosing the run option rather than save so it is now installed.
    Thanks for your help

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!