1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot download files in IE/Firefox, and can't extract .zip files!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hoylemd, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hoylemd

hoylemd Thread Starter

I'm running windows 7, on a Dell Optiplex 755. It's been quite some time since my last reformat, but I'd like to avoid doing that if possible. What happens when I try to download or extract the file is the process completes, but the file(s) immediately disapear(s). The odd thing about it is I'm able to create files myself with other programs, and I can download through Chrone just fine. I would just use chrome, but It's a work computer and We're supposed to use IE. Being able to extract .zip files would also be nice. Has anyone else heard of/seen this issue? Let me know if you need any more information.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    "It's a work computer" implies that your IT department will not want you or us to be messin' with it.

3. hoylemd

hoylemd Thread Starter

I am on the IT department.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Then you probably appreciate the fact that we try to not go behind your back. :)

Have you double checked to make sure you know to where IE is downloading? Tried downloading to the desktop to keep the file in view?

What, if any, non-Windows firewall or security suite are you using?

What exactly happens or doesn't happen when you try to un-zip?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice