1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot download or view buttons to download in IE7

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by drudrew, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drudrew

drudrew Thread Starter

Hi, here's the situation:

My wife has a Dell Inspiron E1405 running Vista. Some time ago, she noticed that whatever website she visited that had something to download, the button/icon/link to download would never appear! For example, if you go to www.firefox.com, underneath the header where it says "The browser that has it all" you see the Firefox 3 free download button, but on her's it does not show up at all and thus cannot download anything in IE.

Now, she is able to use Firefox and view and download everything as normal, but it is really bothering me that this has happened to her IE. We have tried running adaware, spybot, adwatch, registry mechanic, etc. and none of these programs have fixed the problem. Has anyone come across this before? I have spent hours searching forums and troubleshooting sites looking for a reference but it seems to be unique to her :(.

Please advise!!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It sounds like scripting or Flash may be disabled in the settings for one of your anti-spyware programs, or the browser. Check the settings.

Never use Registry Mechanic unless you want more problems that can't be solved without re-installation. It is a registry cleaner and a scam, like all of them.

3. drudrew

drudrew Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I had gotten rid of registry mechanic and checked the settings. Scripting and flash are enabled so the problem continues.

If it were a sripting or flash thing, wouldn't there still be something there (ie. box with a red 'X") indicating that there is an object there but cannot be displayed :confused: There is nothing displayed at all on any page with a download link; no "X" box or anything when you hover your cursor over the area where it's supposed to be.

Please advise!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice