1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot download updates

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mlsisneros, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mlsisneros

mlsisneros Thread Starter

Automatic update for windows has stopped working. I cannot access the site manually. Also McAfee auto update tells me to update but errors and asks me to go to McAfee site. I cannot find assistance there or through Microsoft Q&A. Also had problems with email being blank. Could not download update for Earthlink email. Computer seems to go through the download process but the files are not on the computer. I am an amateur at computers.

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

Hi mlsisneros, Welcome to TSG.

What operating system to you have? Are you current with your virus definitions? Go here for a second opinion AV scan:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Post back.

3. Bruce319

Bruce319

W32.Blaster.worm is known to have Windows Update stop working. Run the removal tool (FixBlast.exe) which can be downloaded from the link provided to see if it finds the worm. If it does, it will automatically remove it for you, but read what needs to be done before running FixBlast.exe properly.

4. wizzkid

wizzkid

Hi,

Microsoft also recommend clearing your temp internet files before you try to download an update.

Wizzkid

5. Bruce319

Bruce319

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice