cannot eject a CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Hi EvelieMae!

You can manually open it by pushing a piece of wire (like a paperclip) through the tiny hole on the drive. It will only open a little - once you can grab a hold of it you can simply pull it all the way out.:)

Didn't work, what do you mean? What happened, did you feel something moving? You have to keep the wire straight and the thing inside should move back without much effort (about 3cm/1inch inside) and the "door" should pop open.

Oh, and the PC should be shut down while you're doing this of course.:)

EvelieMae

I have been "fiddleing" with it , and still no luck.
Is there anything else that I can try???
Thanks!

EvelieMae

Oh! Oh! "My Computer" no longer recognizes CD Drive E !???
It is no longer shown????

Go to control panel, system, hardware, device manager... right click on the cd drive and uninstall. reboot computer and it should re-install.
vicks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online