1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot eject CD !

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by brinwood, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brinwood

brinwood Thread Starter

Until today had no problem using CD drive. Now cannot get CD to eject. Have rebooted and restored to 4 weeks back. Nothing fixes it. I have WIN Me.

2. Krall

Krall

2 things you can do. First go to MY COMPUTER and see your CD drive. RIGHT click on it and say EJECT. did it work? If not try this. Look at the front of your CD drive, right around where the tray comes out, you should see a small hole. Unbend a paper clip and put the straight portion of it into that hole and keep pushing it in. be sure to give it a little force. It should push your cd tray open enough for you to get your CD out if one is stuck. Pull it out all the way and then try and use the button to close it. If it doesnt push it back in and try and use button to open it.

3. brinwood

brinwood Thread Starter

Stupid me.
    I had puter in msconfig and had previously disabled the CD drive.
    Duh.....
    Thanks anyway!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice