1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot enter Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GilbertLobato, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GilbertLobato

GilbertLobato Thread Starter

Hi ,
    I tried to start my PC up and it would not start. No beep , no display on monitor.
    It was filled with dust so i took out every hardware cleaned the whole tower
    Re-assembled it , when the problem began :
    It still wont start up.no beep , no display.
    I tried changing the RAM , still nothing
    Changed te PSU , still the same.
    After that I tried mostly every possible thing i could imagine ,(like pulling off the energy cord, pressing power button and hold for 10 or more seconds , also for 1 minute , battery change)

I was already getting a bit tired so I accidently pulled out the the clear-CMOS jumper , while the machine was in power-on , and changed it to the clear-CMOS position.
    When I realised that the machine was power-on , I quickly turned it off.

After I turned it off I put the jumper in place again , changed memory (2 x 512mb into 2 x 2GB)
    Put in the power cord , pressed the power button and I got display on the monitor.
    it loaded and saw everything , like memory , the kind of processor , hard drive ,no floppy etc.
    Then I see this message :
    CMOS checksum error -Defaults loaded .
    Warning! Now system is in safe mode.
    Please re-setting cpu frequency in the cmos setup
    Press F8 ...
    Press F9 ....
    and then Press F1 to continue or Del to enter Setup.

If I press F1 i get to the next Hardware Diagnotics screen and after that it changes on to a black screen with a dash blinking in the top left corner .
    If I press Del , it goes directly to the black screen with a dash blinking in the top left corner .

What can I do ?
    Can anyone help me .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1119018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice