Cannot exit safe mode and I forgot my password

Gayathri2635

I ran msconfig and now I cannot login because I forgot my password
Theres no internet to reset password
The f8, f5 for safe mode with network or with comand prompt dont work
Please help

TerryNet

Terry
I fear that many of us are confused about what you are saying or asking.

We don't help with bypassing or trying to crack passwords, so please don't be asking for that.

What do you mean by "Cannot exit safe mode"?

Simply running msconfig does nothing. You have to do something while in msconfig. What did you do?

What do you mean by "no internet"? There must be internet for me to be able to see what you posted.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What do you mean by "no internet"? There must be internet for me to be able to see what you posted.
Perhaps Gayathri2635 is posting the question, using another computer.

Gayathri2635 - As my colleague TerryNet has said, the help we provide with password issues is limited, as we have no way of verifying the situation and I am sure you would not be pleased if we assisted someone to gain unauthorised access to your computer.

It appears, although, far from certain, that you may have used msconfig, to configure safe boot, on your computer, that is boot to Safe Mode.
In Safe Mode with Networking, although a wired connection, that is a cable connected to the ethernet port will provide a connection, a wireless connection will not work, as the wireless adapter driver is not loaded in safe mode.

If the password is a Microsoft account password as against a password for a local account, then you should follow the procedure here.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026971

Please also see this link
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17875/microsoft-account-reset-or-recover-password

or of course the appropriate Microsoft link for wherever you are situated.

You should then be able to reset your microsoft account password, providing you can answer the necessary security questions.
You can do this on another computer and then connect the computer the subject of the thread, to the internet - using a hard wired connection.
That procedure is probably your best option.
When rebooted and connected to the internet, you should then be able to get out of safe mode, by entering the new password and then using msconfig again to uncheck Safe Boot.

On the link I have provided there are various sub-links to all the official microsoft password reset/recovery methods available.

I wish you the best of luck with the problem.

Finally subject to the decision of a site Administrator/Moderator I do not think we can provide any further assistance

Last edited:

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
If you are stuck in safe mode try this:
Try booting your machine with Windows 10 installation media
At the Install screen, click on "Repair" on the lower left.
Then Troubleshoot.
Advanced.
Select Command Prompt and type in the following:
bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot
If that gives an error, use:
bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot

If run correctly then it’ll get you back to normal mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts