Cannot Factory Reset Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SecaDoyle

Hello,

I own an HP Laptop and am experiencing difficulties with it. I'm hardly computer literate and attempted to factory reset my computer. It would not let me do so because "Disc Space is too low". I've attempted to do anything. Google wasn't much help so I'm hoping my computer isn't just trash.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Seca.

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
When you say "factory Reset" ...what are you trying to do? Put a new Windows on it? Have you tried system restore?

SecaDoyle

You're aware of the 'Restore PC back to its factory settings' thing? Like, you go into the back up system and click reset. It asks if you'd like to reset everything or just remove your files. That's where it says that I'm unable to do so due to low disc space. (I've attempted to delete everything to free up space and I have about 7. 6gb free? I think so at least.

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
If you can get to your desktop....try this...you will need a USB stick pen at least 4 gb. sounds like you might want to get a bigger hard drive. Go in and delete all restore points except one. Empty Temp files. Download CCleaner and use it to delete "old windows". That should gain you some space back.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online