Cannot find my music

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kitsukiri

Just recently, I had to reinstall windows, because in the course of mucking around with dual-boot, I somehow managed to misplace some key boot files, and it could not boot properly. So, I reinstalled, everything went fine... But, when I looked through windows.old, a large chunk of my music was missing. The odd part about this is that I still have all of the songs that were in a playlist, and my playlists will work just fine, but I cannot access any of the others. I know they're still here somewhere, because they're still taking up space on my hard drive. How can I find them?

What music player?
Most players have a rt-click function to "Locate file on disk" or something similar.
A windows search for "mp3" will find them also.

Kitsukiri

Thank you! I was able to rightclick the song in wmp, and find the files. Odd that it put it in public, rather than my user folder though...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online