1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot find network hardware

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amy1501, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amy1501

amy1501 Thread Starter

I know there are lots of threads about the same thing. But ive looked.. for the last few hours and I'm stuck. I have a Dell dimension 5000. xp.
    Just got a friend to reinstall it. Now its not even listing ethernet on the device manager. Downloaded the chipset and the network driver off the dell website but it still isnt working. Currently having to download things onto a memory stick and transfer between computers 2 floor apart. fit i am going to be. Any help would be amazing as im going insane. :) Thanks

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

did you get a Restore CD with the laptop
    Dells often have a partition which you can restore from
    Note sure but I think taping F10 on boot goes to that partiion,

One of the above should restore the PC to the factory settings with all drivers

Otherwise the drivers off the website should work

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/762732