cannot format USB flash drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sabiibrahim

Thank you guys for this wonderful job u've been doing!
I bought an IBM 1GB USB flash drive and on first use I was asked to format it which I did. however I could not use it again since then becos each time I connect it to my system i receive the message that it is not formatted and when I try to format it , I receive the message that it has been corrupted and cannot be formatted.I am using Windows98SE but i've also tried formatting it using windows 2000 and XP but to no avail. I need help badly.
Thank you very much in anticipation of your much valued assistance.(y)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
In XP, Start, Run, diskmgmt.msc

You should be able to format it there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online