1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot gain access to the WEB

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tiffanyj87, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffanyj87

Tiffanyj87 Thread Starter

Hi, im having a problem gaining access to any websites.

On my laptop, I can gain access to the web in a multiple of ways.
    Other than dialup, i use my wireless connection.

I live next to an airport and I've been gaining access to it fine since i got the laptop, also theres other connections i can gain access to around me i know the risks and everything. I use the airport i live next to though mostly without any fear. Its one perk living next to a small airport. Literally my backyard borders it.

Anyway. Back to the problem. If i access the airports signal, or any other signal I am able to log on, and it shows that im online but in any web browser it won't load the any page i enter into the address bar. It shows the address for example www.yahoo.com, but the title of the page will be comcast.net and some weird page supposedly from comcast. No matter what i do or where i go. And in Mozilla firefox i get this error

security error: domain name mismatch

you have attempted to establish a connection with "dss2.siteadvisor.com" However, the security certificate presented belongs to "actsvr.comcastonline.com." It is possible, though unlikely, that someone may be trying to
    intercept your communication with this web site.

I know what someones feelings might be on me gaining access to those signals but thats besides the poing, i'd appreciate it if anyone could just help me understand why this is happening on more than one connection. Like if this is some sort of virus thats blocking me and redirecting me to that site. I can gain access if i go on dial up, or 1 other wireless connection. I am around 3 of them, and 1 out of the 3 isn't doing this to me.

Sorry for the long explanation, I'd just like to know what this means and why and how to resolve it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice