cannot get any disc i load on screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

harki

Hi thanks for any help i get in advance
When i put any disc in i cannot getto load, i am on xp home cheers harki

sy2

Do you mean the Autoplay feature isn't working or the disc isn't recognized at all?

I'm assuming you are talking about a CD, also... is that correct?

When you put the disc in, can you see it in Windows Explorer?

Check for a losse cable, I solved this problem today on another computer. I could see power light, the tray when in and out, but I could not bring up the "D" Drive cdrom. After opening the computer up I found a cable connected to the motherboard that was half in. I reset the cable to the board and the drive worked. Good Luck.

It could just be the auto play isn't working correctly. Just double click on "My computer" right click on the cd rom drive and select "autoplay".

If thats doesn't work, right click on the cd rom drive and select "open". If thats doesn't work try surfnschultz idea.

big k :)

harki

sy2 said:
Do you mean the Autoplay feature isn't working or the disc isn't recognized at all?

I'm assuming you are talking about a CD, also... is that correct?

When you put the disc in, can you see it in Windows Explorer?

Thanks for your reply to my thread
The problem is when i try to put any of the cd, i have got the name comes up then. C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose `Close' to terminate the application. Then it gives you the choice of close ignore.

sy2

What CD are you putting in, or does this happen with all CDs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts