1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cannot get digital camera software to run and pictures will not transfer from camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Lisa007, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lisa007

Lisa007 Thread Starter

Hi, I'm having trouble with my digital camera software and/or transferring pictures from my camera and dock to pc. I have a Kodak cx7525 digital camera. The software loads normally, but when trying to open the software or trying to transfer pictures to the pc, I get an error message that states a .dll file is missing. The dll file is LOCACQMOD.DLL. I contacted kodak and they sent me new software but that didn't help, still get the same error message. The camera works fine but cannot get the software and camera to work on pc. I have searched for the dll file but cannot find it and have no idea what it is or what it does. I'm guessing something is missing from the pc instead of the camera software. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have family photos stored on it that I would love to be able to save them and not lose them. Again, thanx for any help I can get. You guys and gals are the best. :(

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

What OS are you using?

XP should see the camera with no need to load any software...

buck

3. Lisa007

Lisa007 Thread Starter

My operating system is Windows ME. Thanx!!

4. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

5. Lisa007

Lisa007 Thread Starter

Thanx for the info jd, I've already been to that site and have searched but still can't find any info on that dll file. Again, thanx for the help.

6. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    It looks like you are one of many that have had that trouble. I am posting 2 pics for you to look at.
    Pic 1 - Shows you what directory the file needs to be in if and when you find it.
    Pic 2 - Gives you a tid bit to try. Delete and reinstall etc. There is also an e-mail addy for a fellow that has the file and suggest an e-mail if you want a copy as he doesn't know how or where to upload it. It seems he is willing to e-mail it. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Attached Files:

7. Lisa007

Lisa007 Thread Starter

Thanks for the info Wimpy. I tried delete and re-install several times, even re-installed the software from kodaks website, but still no luck. I did e-mail the fellow for the file but haven't heard from him as of yet. Again thanx for the help.

8. acraftylady

acraftylady

Heres some info posted on another forum, sorry if you tried this already.

or you can resolve this error by uninstalling the Easyshare software, running clear utility which is at www.kodak.com/go/wwclear if you are using Easyshare version 3.x
    or run www.kodak.com/go/clear2 if you are using Easyshare version 2.x

after running the clear utility reinstall the Easyshare s/w. It works.

9. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    The pic #2 I posted gave that info. I'm not sure that was tried even though Lisa said she uninstalled it. Hopefully she will come back and tell us.

10. acraftylady

acraftylady

Ahh I didn't see your pictures. I found it on a cnet post.

CNET

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice