Cannot get pc to boot

Rahking

Hi,

I am having an issue where my pc will restart before booting into windows, it will show my MSI screen with my options but if I let it go past that it just restarts. I can go into my bios which I did, and it seems to be reading all of my hardware and I could not see any alerts anywhere.

I attempted to use a windows 10 usb to enter safe mode and as soon as it is selected the pc reboots, also tried installing windows 10 on a new ssd and once I select windows 10 64 or 32 bit it has a progress bar for loading files, as soon as the progress bar reaches max the machine restarts.

I can't get into any windows so I cant run the system tool you want but I can give what I know.

Motherboard: MSI X470 gaming plus
Bios: MSI Click bios 5
Cpu: Ryzen 7 1700 x 3.4 the eight core 16 mbps processor
Video card: AMD Radeon rx 580 4 GB ddr5
Ram 32 gb

crjdriver

Start by doing some basic troubleshooting;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 R&R ie remove and replace ram chips. When the ram is out, blow out the slot with a can of air. Reinstall and be sure the ram is fully seated
3 R&R both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors on the motherboard. Again be sure they are fully seated
4 R&R video card and blow out the slot with a can of air. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to remove the video card. Do not just yank it out without releasing the latch; you will break something
5 Once done with the above, replace the pw cord and pw ON. Enter the bios and check the following; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Let the system run in the bios for at least two min to stabilize temps/voltages. Post the result here. Note if any of the voltages go up and down. The only voltage that should vary is cpu or vcore voltage

Rahking

Start by doing some basic troubleshooting;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 R&R ie remove and replace ram chips. When the ram is out, blow out the slot with a can of air. Reinstall and be sure the ram is fully seated
3 R&R both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors on the motherboard. Again be sure they are fully seated
4 R&R video card and blow out the slot with a can of air. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to remove the video card. Do not just yank it out without releasing the latch; you will break something
5 Once done with the above, replace the pw cord and pw ON. Enter the bios and check the following; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Let the system run in the bios for at least two min to stabilize temps/voltages. Post the result here. Note if any of the voltages go up and down. The only voltage that should vary is cpu or vcore voltage

I did as instructed and here are the values requested:

CPU temp: fluctuated between 42 and 53 Celsius, when it would reach 53 the fan would kick on a drop it back down

12v: 12.288
5v: 5.120
3v: 3.392

crjdriver

OK, start testing the hardware. Start with your memory. Run memtest from the bootable usb;
https://www.memtest.org/
Next it would be a good idea to boot the system with a linux live usb. If the system runs fine under linux, then your hardware is probably OK. If it reboots, freezes, etc under linux, you know you have some failing hardware ie motherboard, ram, pw supply, etc. Use either linux Mint or Ubuntu for this task.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online