1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cannot get utube to work

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by praer4life, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. praer4life

praer4life Thread Starter

emachinesG525-902G16Mi - guys i helped a friend get this laptop and its very good, but the utube game farmville wont play or anyway adobe flash is not going active. basically its windows 7 and 64bit not 32 what can i do folks tried reinstalling but no joy?

2. antech

antech Banned

Try running it in Firefox x32

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

antech, Your post doesn't make any sense. The poster has Windows 7 64-bit. Firefox is a 32-bit program.

To the poster, have you tried reinstalling Flash? If so, what happens?

Go here to see what version of Flash is installed.
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Sometimes Flash needs to be completely removed and reinstalled. I've had to do it a couple of times.

4. antech

antech Banned

Sorry for the post DoubleHelix, but I have personally seen many people running 64 bit windows and having problems with Flash player.
    On my friends PC,
    I have installed Windows 7 x64 and he runs Firefox x32 very smoothly.
    The compatibility for running 32bit apps is very great and has significantly improved in windows 7.
    So,I just recommended him to do so since I have some experience with these kind of things.
    Internet Explorer (the 32bit browser) which is by default installed with x64 windows, has many issues with Flash Player.
    The system is detected as x64 and the x64 version of flash player is installed by it whereas the browser is 32 bit.
    This was just a simple suggestion from my side.

NOTE DOUBLEHELIX:
    The poster said in his last sentence that he tried reinstalling (I assume flash player) with no luck

5. Hughv

Hughv

Farmville/Youtube works fine on my x54 Win 7 using FF 32bit. 32 bit IE works fine as well.
    antech is right about 64 bit windows and 32 bit programs.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Firefox is a 32-bit program which is why I had no idea what you were talking about in your post.

7. pcs365_4

pcs365_4

Hi praer4life,

Couple of suggestions:

1. Clear all Cookies and Temporary Internet Files of the first browser you tried accessing farmville. Close the browser, reopen and try playing the game.
    2. When you want to play farmville, you may disable Firewall. But imp is that u need to turn Firewall on after the game.

All the best!!

8. antech

antech Banned

Sorry Double Helix,
    but you have much greater experience than me and I plead you to not make conclusion's about my post so early.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice