Cannot hardwire laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JussyJus

Hello my names Justin, having issues hard wiring to my laptop when. I click network and sharing there is only the option of wireless it used to be a local network option to prioritize for using hard wire connection but it suddenly disappeared and i can't get it back. how can i restore the local connection so i can hard wire again cause its only allowing me to connect wirelessly even when i have modem plugged into my laptop. Using windows 7 op system any help will be appreciated.

Do you have your LAN card listed under Device Manager -> Network Adapters (it should not have any yellow marks next to it)?

JussyJus

Problem is its no longer showing in network adapater only wireless network is showing

TerryNet

Terry
What, if any, warning or error messages are in Device Manager?

JussyJus

it used to say local network and wireless network now it won't let me choose i may have disabled it at a time or pointbut i don't remember doing so

JussyJus

there are no signals that there is anything wrong when i go to network adapters the local network is gone it has 2 wireless network adapters whwere it used to have a local for hardwiring and a wireless for wireless internet now its 2 wireless adapters

I can't think of any easy and cost-effective way to fix nic in a laptop.
I would suggest getting USB LAN adapter instead.

Do you have any unrecognized devices in DevMngr? The ones with yellow exclamation mark.

TerryNet

Terry
So try to install the driver. If your laptop manufacturer does not have a separate driver for it maybe it is included in the chipset, so install those.

The NIC is probably dead, but it's worth attempting a driver install.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online